Friday, July 22, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!!!!!


Somehow, Duane convinced me that our summer vacation needed to be in Vegas. So, I planned and he practiced, and on Monday, July 18, we took off for Sin City. The first day was fabulous; we played a bit of Let It Ride (I lost & Duane won) at The Mirage, purchased our Cirque du Soleil Mystere tickets, and made a game plan for the rest of the trip. Monday afternoon, we walked around the strip; it is amazing the things they have built there, and that night, we headed for Downtown Vegas for dinner and the laser light show. The Golden Nugget has a GREAT pool. Swimmers can slide through the shark tank before being deposited into the pool, and there are table games poolside! NEAT! AND, our luck changed temporarily (Duane lost & I won). The laser light show was pretty cool too; it was a tribute to Queen, American Soldiers, and the movies of the 80s. There was something for everyone! We saw showgirls, street performers and (of course) Elvis!

The second day was our Grand Canyon excursion. AMAZING!!!

Wednesday was our sleep-in, recuperation day, followed by walking, gambling, sight-seeing, and Mystere. We didn't get much rest or relaxation, but there would be time for that when we were back in Texas! Again, our luck reversed, and Duane was the winner where I was the loser. So, I spent most of my time (after losing my $$$) watching him gamble. We caught the Fire & Ice show at Caesar's show, and since I was losing everything I touched, I gave up on the gambling and did a little shopping!

Mystere was my first experience with Cirque du Soleil, and I must say that what those people do is just NOT natural! People just don't bend that many ways!!! The show was fun & beautiful, and those athletes are absolutely amazing! The elaborate & exotic costumes painted a picture that told a beautiful story. I will be looking at their tour dates and hopefully will see them again!

Our trip was fun & fabulous! Yes, Duane convinced me that we needed to vacation in Vegas, and he was absolutely right!

No comments: