Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Washington, DC--Day 4!!!

Monday was another speedy day, and then it was time to come home. We saw the National Archives, which houses the Magna Carta, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, and our Constitution.  They were amazing to see!  We also visited the National Museum of Natural History; I have added the Hope Diamond to my Christmas List, but I don't have my hopes too high!!  Last was the National Museum of American History, which was celebrating all things American, from presidents to pop culture.  Then it was time to load the bus for the final time as we headed for home.

It was a GREAT trip! The kids behaved beautifully, and our tour guide & bus driver were top notch!!!  EVERYTHING was well planned by Smithsonian Student Travel and went off without a hitch.  I hope everyone had as much fun as Duane & I had!!!!!!



1 comment:

Elaine & Wayne said...

Another fantastic D.C. trip to your credits! How in the world can so much be packed into such a short time? I remember how much I enjoyed the other trips you made with me in tow, and I think this was every bit as full of all that is Washington D.C. as possible! I'm glad our kids and their moms got to make the trip!
Love, Mother