Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Duane!!!!

The looooooong  72 days are OVER!  I am a whopping 72 days older than my husband, and he just loves to remind me (often) that I'm older.  It gets especially worse during those 72 days when my age number is one greater than his. But he has had his birthday now, and his age has finally caught up with mine, and I don't have to listen to his taunts and teases, for a while anyway.

Of course, the "Day of Duane" is important, so we had to celebrate in style.  We started it off right; several friends met us for dinner & drinks at Chili's.  Wednesday night is dart league night, and so after dinner, we headed over to Yesterday's to throw darts.  Throwing against Jason, Steven, George, & Matt is always a good time.  Sadly, the Wolfpack lost the game 8-3, but Duane was involved in 2 out of the 3 wins. The celebration continued after darts with a visit to Duddley's, where we met up with Buck, Rhonda, TK, Holly, and the rest of the Duddley's crew.  The birthday boy had a great time and really enjoyed his birthday celebration.  Visiting and hanging out with friends...does it get any better than that?!?!   

3 comments:

Rhonda Goolsby said...

I would like to say that even thought I look like I'm toasty, I didn't even drink last night!

Jeremy & Crystal said...

I am sorry we missed all the fun. Tell Duane I said, "Happy Birthday!" We'll see you when we get back. Love you guys!

ccc apples on a stick said...

I miss Duddley's!!!