Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gettin' Crafty!

Kim gave me a REALLY cute picture of Kaylee that she mod-podged onto canvas.  Since I needed pics for my new office, I decided to do the same with pics of the rest of the nieces & nephews. Kim assured me it was easy, but I had a HARD time believing it was as easy as she claimed, so there were multiple texts as I geared up to complete the project.  
A trip to Hobby Lobby for the Mod Podge, paint, brushes, & canvas...
 Got the prints from Walgreens; I love that I can submit the order online and pick up the enlargements in an hour!
Painted the canvases black... 
Then mod-podged the pictures onto the black canvas!
A bit of black paint around the edges to blend the picture with the canvas, and several (5) coats of Mod Podge on top of the picture/canvas to seal everything in with texture! The hardest part was waiting for each step to dry before moving on to the next step!  Fortunately, Mod Podge dries REALLY fast!
It really was THAT easy!
 Now, they are at home in my new office!
LOVE them!!!

No comments: