Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TLA

A few months ago, the Library Program Coordinator surprised us by telling us that we were going to get to go to TLA (The Texas Librarian's Association's Annual Conference)!  This year, it was in Houston.  Seeing authors is always a HUGE highlight!  Scholastic hosted a Reader's Theater program with several of their authors. That's Augusta Scattergood, Michael Northrup, Maggie Stiefvater, Elizabeth Eulberg, Chris D'Lacey, Sarah Mlynowski, & Jennifer Nielsen performing excerpts from each other's books.  It was a great morning, and I've already got all of their books on next year's order!



 The BEST was seeing one of my absolute FAVORITE authors...Judy Blume!  She was there celebrating the 40th anniversary of Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing!

 Kristen Cashore signed my copy of her new book, Bitterblue.
 Veronica Roth signed my copy of Divergent.  I gave it to my nephew, Eli, for his birthday!
We went to a breakfast for tween/teen librarians.  Patrick Carman was the guest speaker; he was fantastic!
TLA is a fantastic conference.  Attended lots of sessions and got lots of new ideas.  Ready for next year!

No comments: